Perfect for fall, this bean and kale stew will not disappoint! With its homey and warm flavours, you won’t be able to put your plate down till it’s empty. In this delicious recipe, you’ll learn a new way to cook beans and see just how easy it is!
· 1/2 onion diced
· 1/2 diced green pepper
· 2 tbsp oil
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
· 1/4 tsp allspice
· 1/4 tsp onion powder
· 1/4 tsp garlic powder
· 1/4 tsp ginger powder
· 1/8 tsp cayenne
· 1 tbsp tomato paste
· 1 Tbsp of salt/salt to taste
· 398ml can of red kidney beans
· 1 cup chopped kale
· 1 cup water
1. Add the oil, onion, garlic and green pepper to a pan and cook on medium until they start to soften.
2. Add the fresh thyme, spices and tomato paste and mix well, taste and salt to your liking.
3. Cook this down for five minutes then add the kidney beans and half of the water and allow it to cook down, you can mash some of the beans to thicken the sauce.
4. Add in the kale and cook it down until it has softened.
5. You can add the rest of the water in with the kale if it has thickened too much as well.
6. Enjoy with our Spicy Beefless patty and some fresh avocado on the side.