This warm tomato soup is the perfect pairing for any sandwich or patty, especially in the fall! This dish is definitely to be eaten with your eyes first as its vibrant red colour is mesmerizing and picture-perfect. In addition to its beauty, its flavours of tomatoes, basil, and the sweetness of sugar really shines through the dish.
· 6 Roma Tomatoes
· 3 tbsp olive oil
· 1 onion
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 1 tsp onion powder
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 1 tsp dried basil
· 1/2 tsp thyme
· 1/8 tsp sugar
· Salt to taste
· 1/2 cup vegetable broth
· 1/2 cup fresh basil
1. Halve the tomatoes lengthwise, chop the onion in quarters and spread them onto a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the dried herbs, sugar and a generous pinch of salt.
3. Roast in the oven at 425° for approx. 30 minutes (oven times vary, you want the tomatoes soft and starting to brown).
4. Once the roasted veg is done, add it to a blender with the broth and fresh basil, blending until smooth and creamy.
5. Garnish with vegan grated mozzarella cheese, hemp seeds, and some more basil.